Teenagers faint after drinking imported Ethiopian vodka in UK


By Dorking Advertiser  |  Posted: March 27, 2016

A TEENAGER has been taken to hospital in a serious condition after drinking what is believed to be imported Ethiopian vodka.

Firefighters from Dorking’s station were called to an 18th birthday party in The Street, Capel, at around 1am this morning to find two teenagers extremely ill and “highly intoxicated”.

One of the pair, a 17-year-old boy, was foaming at the mouth, while an 18-year-old girl was found unconscious by crew members.

They had been drinking what was described to firefighters as a blended vodka, imported from Ethiopia. Paramedics attended and the 17-year-old boy was treated for the effects of alcohol and remained at the property.

 The 18-year-old girl was taken to hospital in a “very bad way”, a crew member said.

Firefighter Phil Waring said: “It was purely the alcohol that had caused this problem. It poisoned their system.”

The call out was Dorking Fire Station’s first Immediate Emergency Care response call.
Read more: http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Teenager-taken-hospital-drinking-imported/story-29001948-detail/story.html#ixzz445k7Z0AQ